Can you believe up until now, that I hadn't done one on my hair?
Why did I wait so long!
Ok so here's the scoop on what I did:
* Moistened hair with water (use a spray bottle to do so)
* Divided my hair into 10 sections, applied coconut oil to each section and then loosely braided it
* Put on a plastic cap and left on for 10-15 mins
* Took down and detangled one braid at a time with my fingers first, then went back with my detangling comb and rebraided once detangled
* Hopped in the shower and cleansed my hair (it's still in the 10 loose braids) with my castile soap mix and rinsed
* Took a braid down, split it in half, applied a lil of my homemade leave in and braid. So for each braid I would take down, I would end up with 2 braids so I went from the original 10 braids to 20 braids for the braid out
* Tied scarf around my head and let air dry overnight
* Took braids down and fluffed till desired look was achieved
-NOTE: I had my hair in 10 sections b/c it's not long enough for me to do less. I can do 8 but my crown area is so much shorter, it's easier for me to do 10 sections at this point. If your hair is longer, you can do less sections than I did
For more pics, check out my fotki.
It sounds like a lot but it really wasn't. I hope I explained it in a way that's understandable, if not, let me know. Now let's see if I can get this puppy to last me a week! Stay tuned....