Summer has left us yet again and I say good riddens! This summer in NYC would have liked to kill me. It was so bloody, hot and humid that I found myself yearning to all but take my life. I'm exaggerating, of course, but you know what I'm getting at. Lol.
So what do I plan to do with my hair now that it's getting cooler? Not much from what I do now, honestly. My regimen doesn't change with the seasons, mainly just how I choose to wear my hair. I tend to wear my hair tucked away more because it dries out less that way. This cold weather season, I plan to alternate between the following hairstyles:
* Crochet Braids - but of course! I luv that they don't stress my hairline (as long as they are not braided too tight) like singles/individual braids with extensions do.
* Try Mini Twists again- I think part of my not liking them as much as I used to was that I started doing them with hair butters. All the times I really liked my hair in twists, I realized that I used a gel or pudding so I think my hair looks better when it's twisted with a gel or pudding. So I'm going to try twists again.
* Braided or 2 Strand Flat Twist Funky Up-Do's that I can leave in for up to two weeks
* Curly Sets: Twist n Curl, Braid n Curl or flexi rod sets - I want to try using a natural setting lotion of foam to get the style to last for at least the work week (5 days). I plan to experiment with flexi rods and try out the Jane Carter Wrap and Roll.
* Retro Up-Do's and Bun variations - these are always a great standby when I don't feel like doing more time intensive hairstyles like mini twists.....
Oh yea and
* Wigs - Just a little bit. I think I will play around with them again to get my color fix till I decide to follow through with coloring my hair
What will you be doing to your hair for the cold weather season? Does your regimen change?